I have heard our good friend Chinkee Tan speak a lot of times in his numerous visits to Victory U-Belt before, whether during a Sunday service or a finance seminar.
But hearing him speak again on Friday during his back-to-back sessions with Francis Kong, my wife and I were very, very encouraged and refreshed.
The book of Proverbs says, the tongue has the power of life and death and those who love it will eat its fruit (Proverbs 18:21).
Whether we like it or not, we live in an environment that “feasts” on negative stories and news.
As such, we have the tendency to think, speak and act negatively.
Even though I have been a Christian for many years, I still battle through negative thoughts from time to time, especially when facing trials or challenges along the way.
But here are some power statements I learned and have “relearned” during Wednesday’s (Nov. 14) Power of Mindset by Chinkee Tan and Francis Kong.
Hope you learn a thing or two from these:
- Healthy mindset + Healthy Action = Abundant results
- Right input = right result …And right input comes from the Ultimate Resource – the Bible.
- We can’t change our past experience and past hurts, but you sure can change your future by making the right choice today
- What we FEED in our minds become STRONGER. What we STARVE in our minds become WEAKER.
- The life we live today is a product of what we FEED ON yesterday.
- The life we will live tomorrow is a product of what we FEED ON today.
- Be careful with what you feed your mind.
- It is not what happens to your life that matters most, but it’s what you do with what happened to you in life that matters most.
There is nothing much we can do if we live our life worrying over a lot of things. But when we learn to declare His word over our situation and then completely entrust our future before an All-Powerful God, we will surely grow in our faith and appreciate God more.